Friday, January 22, 2016

Review of "Only Time Will Tell"

Book - Only Time Will Tell
Author - Jeffrey Archer

Initially I was little sceptical because after reading the premise, I was thinking that it is based in England and the timeline was also during 1919-1939. But once I started reading and completed about 50 pages, I was completely absorbed. Until i finished the book, I became a fan of Jeffrey Archer.

First time I read a book of this kind. Narration is crisp and awesome. How the story of the protagonist unfolds is described in detail but you won't even feel bored once. What are the challenges he faces coming from a poor family, how his lifestyle changes, how he copes with the academic pressure is explained in such a manner that I started visualizing those scenes despite not seeing those exact locations. Such is the power of narration.

Review would be incomplete and also it would be injustice if I do not mention about another character who being the protagonist's mother. Her character has been etched out very carefully by the author. You will feel for her for the sacrifices she makes. In fact apart from a few characters all others have been given a very superb role by the author. 

Last but not the least, the climax is thrilling and it is so better than any actual thriller novel. The ending couldn't have been much better and it compels you to run and start reading next one in the Clifton Chronicles.


Finally I would recommend all my reader friends out there to go and grab a copy of the book “Only Time Will Tell” which being the first volume of the Clifton Chronicles. 

Rating 5/5

P.S If someone was suddenly introduced to a new and sophisticated lifestyle, then what all qualms you would have faced will be recollected when you read the first few pages of this book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment